Monday, May 4, 2009

Sometimes, Dummies need help too.

Everyone always jokes about those "Blah, Blah, Blah for Dummies" books - but truth be told, these books are written by experts in the field who "dumb down" the content for people like me who are clueless about things like homebrewing. That's why I bought "Homebrewing for Dummies".

Now, it was really down to this and another book called "The Brewmaster's Bible", but that book seemed to have a lot of recipes and a few chapters on brewing methods. I needed something that was broken down into beginner, intermediate and advanced sections so I could use it as a reference no matter what stage I was at.

I started reading it last night, and so far - it's a very excellent reference. I've already established what equipment I need, what my startup costs will be, and what I will need to think about when it comes time to harvesting my hops and the process I need to follow to make sure that I don't mess things up.

Between this book and the internet, I'm sure to be covered. Because, let's face it - I'm really a dummy when it comes to this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment