Sunday, February 14, 2010

Where did I go?

Well, I took a long, long hiatus from this blog. Yes, only after 6 posts, I managed to completely fail to post anything.

Long story short, my wife got relocated for her job, I got laid off, and we ended up moving to North Carolina. Sadly, I never got to see my hops come in since we moved away in August, but I heard that they had a fairly good yield. I willed them to my old next-door neighbors who dug them up in the fall and transplanted them into their yard. I hope they do well next year.

Anyway, with a new year and a new growing season just ahead of us, I am going to try going for round 2 this year. You can follow my progress from start to finish.

Things are a little different from last time. I've actually become fairly well read in the art of homebrewing, and I just got everything I need to brew from home yesterday as a lovely present from my wife.

I've got everything I need for a two-stage fermentation process and I'm going to start my first batch from a kit this week. I figure it will take 4 weeks from start to finish, and by the time my first batch is complete, my new rhizomes will be in and I can start the whole process over.

Of course, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment